Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Sale from U.N.C.L.E.

A number of Borders Books stores are "restructuring", dropping backlist material and carrying only new (last year) material and bestsellers.
The stores who are converting to that format are selling all non-bestseller / new release cds and dvds at 50% off, but they're not promoting this fact, except on in-store signage!
While doing errands, I wandered into one such store and, upon seeing the sale signs, immediately headed for the media section, hoping to find TorchWood or Dr Who dvd box sets (They're the only series I haven't been able to find at reasonable discounts) or old radio show cd sets.
I didn't find any of the above, but what I did find was......a sealed Complete Man from U.N.C.L.E. 41-dvd box set, originally $249 from Time-Life Video, released to stores at $199, and on sale for only...$99 (plus tax)!
It now sits on one of my media library shelves next to my James Bond, Flint and Prisoner box sets. ;-)

You might want to check out Borders near you for similar sales...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for posting!