Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Reading Room ALIEN ENCOUNTERS "Outpost"

From the original FantaCo 1981 b/w one-shot Alien Encounters...
...here's a never-reprinted tale featuring the most unexpected protaganist of all!
Didn't see that one coming, did ya?
Writer (and the book's editor) Larry Shell is one of those guys who've been around the business for decades. but few beyond the pros he interacted with know who he is!
As Larry himself explained...
I was former Director of Publications for the late, great Heroes World Distribution (the third largest comic book distributor in the country until its demise), where I edited and packaged their 250+ page monthly catalog, along with several specialty catalogs for 10 years.
My article, “How To Solicit In The Direct Market” was published in Comics Buyer’s Guide and served as a template for many small publishers for a number of years.
I have also done freelance marketing consulting for several small publishers.

I’ve been self-publishing sporadically since 1975 when I released a funny animal horror comic entitled, The Barn of Fear, whose contributors included such industry professionals as Doug Moench, Tom Sutton and Alfredo Alcala.
I also packaged a couple of other titles, 50s Funnies published by Kitchen Sink Press and the original Alien Encounters #1 published by Fantaco Enterprises. I later licensed the title to Eclipse Comics.
In the early 80s, in collaboration with Alcala, I contributed a story to Heavy Metal Magazine.
In the late 1980s, I formed Shel-Tone Publications, which published a number of trading card sets and a CD, the soundtrack to R.Crumb: The Musical
He's still around today, primarily as an original art dealer as seen HERE
Please Support Atomic Kommie Comics!
Visit Amazon and Order...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for posting!