Sunday, March 17, 2013

Reading Room: ADVENTURES INTO THE UNKNOWN "Why the Leprechauns Left Ireland"

At last, the long-repressed (and never-reprinted) story can be told...
...on, appropriately enough, St Patrick's Day!
So, the left Earth...not just Ireland!
Wotta story!
Leprechauns!
Nikita Khrushchev, Communists and possible Atomic War!
Cape Canaveral!
Plus:  Giants from the center of the Earth!
Does it get any better than this?
I don't think so.
Writer/editor Richard Hughes (under the appropriate pen-name Shane O'Shea) and illustrator Odgen Whitney probably thought the same when they created this whimsical tale for AGC's Adventures into the Unknown #132 (1962).
51 years later, it's my pleasure to present it for your St Patricks Day entertainment.
Now, if you'll excuse me, there's several pints of Guinness Extra Stout in my fridge, waiting to meet me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for posting!