Did you know the first Captain of the USS Enterprise was Jesus Christ?
Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus Christ in King of Kings (1961)
Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike in "The Cage" (1964)
You can see the comic adaptation of King of Kings at our "brother" blog Secret Sanctum of Captain Video™ NOW!
Some cool "six degrees of separation" trivia:
- John Huston, who later did a prequel movie, The Bible: In the Beginning, directed Moby Dick, using a screenplay adapted by Ray Bradbury from the Herman Melville novel.
- Ray Bradbury wrote the voiceovers in King of Kings spoken by Orson Welles.
- Welles' The Shadow and Mercury Theatre co-star Agnes Moorehead served as dialogue coach to Jeffrey Hunter (Jesus Christ).
- Jeffrey Hunter later played Christopher Pike, the first captain of the Starship Enterprise in the pilot episode of Star Trek, "The Cage".
- Star Trek did an episode, "Bread and Circuses", about a planet where parallel evolution produced a society that resembled a 20th Century version of the Roman Empire, complete with it's own Christians and Jesus Christ (who doesn't appear on-camera, but is mentioned in dialogue)!